The engagement ceremony is an important pre-wedding ritual in Indian cultures where the would-be-bride and the bridegroom-to-be come face to face and are formally betrothed to each other by their families. The Hindu tradition of ‘Vagdanam’ dates back to Vedic ages, and it involves the groom’s family giving their words to the bride’s family that they will accept their daughter and will be responsible for her future wellbeing. It is sort of an exchange of pledges between the families and a chance of getting to know each other’s customs or rituals. In historic times, this ritual involved elaborate announcements in case of Royalties.
Engagement ceremonies are uniform across most religion and ethnicities across India, differing in nuances and details of the rituals. In some cases, the engagement ceremony marks the formal announcement of the betrothal, while in others it marks the ceremony where the official date of the wedding is determined. In some cultures the engagement precedes the actual wedding by as much as a year whereas in others they are held a day or two prior the actual wedding.
• Any cancellations have to be communicated at least a month in advance. Advance will not be refunded in case of cancellation of events or package.
• Please take care of your belongings. Team or Management will not be responsible for loss or theft of your belongings.
Children need to be accompanied by adults at all times. Team or Management at River Winds Resort will not be responsible for any accidents at the resort.
• Valet parking services are available at extra cost.
• Any damage done to the property has to be paid by guest.
• Guests are requested to avoid any abusive behavior towards other guests or any member of the hotel staff or else Guest will be asked to leave the resort immediately without any refunds.
• Events are allowed only till 1 am. Charge of INR 10,000 per hour will be levied after 1 am just for use of lawn. Food and drinks will be charged extra.